Tax Refund Status Online: Still waiting for previous year’s tax refunds?: Finance Trading Times

Tax Refund Status Online: Still waiting for previous year’s tax refunds?

If you have filed your tax returns on time and are waiting for a refund, then here is some help to track what may have happened to your tax returns.
The Income Tax Department has put on its website the list of income tax refunds of all salary tax payers which could not be sent to the concerned persons for want of correct address.

Salary taxpayers who have not received refunds for assessment years 2003-04 to 2006-07 can click on the link below and query using the PAN number and assessment year whether any refund due to them has been returned undelivered from the menu `undelivered salary refund management system'. If any refund has been returned undelivered due to change in address, then the taxpayer can enter the present address and the refund will be sent to the taxpayer at the new address.

The link to the website is as under: (Opens in a New Window)

Related: Use RTI and get Tax refund in just Rs. 10!
Have Comments or Questions? Please post them as comments using "Post our Comments" link below. Your queries will be responded for free in 24 hrs!

3 Comments: Post your Comments

From the Frying pan into the fire!! said...(on 29 February 2008 at 01:44 )  

This is great... ive been on the look out for this for some time now :)

But incidently, it says there are not records of refunds for me... when i am supposed to get..

Anonymous said...(on 29 February 2008 at 02:48 )  

Tax refund and PF Transfer are the two websites which never gives correct status :)
At least I have not heard from anyone who got a correct answer from these websites...

Shobhit said...(on 29 February 2008 at 03:23 )  

I can give you a honest piece of advice here.

If you have not received a tax refund for any of the previous years, just file a simple RTI (Right to Information) Application at your Income Tax office and pay a RTI fee of Rs. 10 only.

Just ask two questions in your RTI application:
1) What is the status of the tax refund for (PAN No.), (Name) and (Assesment Year)

2) Ask them to specify an exact date by which the refund will be sent to you.
Within a month you will get your money!
Personal experience! :)

Wish you all happy and fruitful trading and investing activities with safety! = = = Post a Comment

Copyright Information:
Please see Our Copy Right Policy. All the articles, posts and other materials on this website/blog are copyrighted to the owners of this portal. The content should NOT to be reproduced on any other website or through other medium, without the author's AND owners' permission. Contact: contactus(AT)

DISCLAIMER: Before using this site, you agree to the Disclaimer. For Any questions or comments, please mail contactus(AT)

About UsAdvertise with UsCopyRight Policy & Fair Use GuidePrivacy PolicyDisclaimer