Barnes & Noble Layoffs Job Cut: fires 100 employees: Finance Trading Times

Barnes & Noble Layoffs Job Cut: fires 100 employees

Things are getting worse for the employees of Barnes & Noble Company. The Barnes & Noble company has decided to layoff some 100 employees in its Head Quarters at New York. All the sectors are now melting under the pressures of falling market demand and financial problems. As a measure, they are going for layoffs. The latest one to add to the list is, Barnes & Noble going for layoffs. Barnes & Noble Layoffs

How many employees will be fired in the Barnes & Noble layoffs?
There will be around 100 job cuts by the company. This is the first time in the history that Barnes & Noble has gone for a layoff.

What are the primary reasons for Barnes & Noble layoffs?
Falling sales and reduction in demand is the main reason for this layoffs.

Which location employees will be affected by the Barnes & Noble layoffs?
The layoffs are learnt to have happened in New York headquarters.

What is the total no. of employees of the Barnes & Noble ?
The company employs about 2500 employees. That means around 4% of the employees are beign fired.

Any other news about Barnes & Noble layoffs
One news for respite is that company is not going to close down any of the 799 stores. Let's hope that alternative jobs are available to the affected employees of Barnes & Noble Layoffs Job Cut
Have Comments or Questions? Please send them to investntrade@gmail.com or Post them on our Google Plus page by following us! Your queries will be responded for free in 24 hrs!

9 Comments: Post your Comments

Anonymous said...(on 2 February 2009 14:25 )

They are also cutting jobs at the stores, mainly it appears to be the Community Relations Managers.

Anonymous said...(on 3 February 2009 19:11 )

yep that would be me. Let me go on Friday although I had strong numbers, but the store overall was losing money so they let me go.

Anonymous said...(on 4 February 2009 06:19 )

I am also a CRM who was laid off yesterday. I wonder how many of us were laid off? It was all very hush-hush.

Anonymous said...(on 4 February 2009 22:28 )

I'm a CRM laid off too. The DM came in, pan faced said, "nothing to do with your performance or numbers" (they were great) and then told me to get my stuff, escorted me out of the building before I could say goodbye to anyone or even know what had happened. They must be in a panic in the New York Office. It's ironic: like biting the hand that feeds you. Evenutally you starve!!!!!!

Lib said...(on 5 February 2009 16:36 )

Numerous CRM's were suddenly cut in our region as well. The process in which they were let go is most shocking to me. Is there a blogging site for BN employees to chat?

Anonymous said...(on 7 February 2009 19:06 )

I knew once B&N cut at the corporate level it was a matter of time before they hit the stores. I loved being a CRM.

Anonymous said...(on 8 February 2009 21:29 )

Steve Riggio said that this was the first time in company history that they had to layoff employees... What about February 2001? There were massive layoffs at the .com office.

Anonymous said...(on 8 February 2009 21:36 )

Barnes & Noble Names William J. Lynch, Jr. President of Barnes & Noble.com

This guy is making a ton of money to come to BN. I guess all of us had to be let go in order to pay for William's huge salary... and I mean it's huge. Signing bonus and all. This guy won't be worth his salary.

Let go of the little people and give big bonuses to the executives. Shame on you Barnes and Noble. You're part of the problem... not the solution.

Anonymous said...(on 19 February 2009 08:38 )

I heard a store in Central New Jersey will be closing. Does anyone know if this is true ?

Wish you all happy and fruitful trading and investing activities with safety! = = = Post a Comment

Copyright Information:
© Finance-Trading-Times.com
Please see Our Copy Right Policy. All the articles, posts and other materials on this website/blog are copyrighted to the author of this site. The content should NOT to be reproduced on any other website or through other medium, without the author's permission. Contact: contactus(AT)finance-trading-times.com

DISCLAIMER: Before using this site, you agree to the Disclaimer. For Any questions or comments, please mail contactus(AT)finance-trading-times.com.