Man Dies from Electric Shock from Chines Mobile PhoneThe person is said to be using the Chinese Cellphone while it was plugged in for charging. The deceased is being reported to be 25 year old Dhanji Damor.
This news should send the shock waves and a word of caution among the hundreds of thousands of Indians (and the people around the world), who have been purchasing and using China Made mobile phones without giving a thought to security, guarantee period and safety measures which are supposed to be looked at and offered by established companies.
Although the government has been tightening the rules to ban the use of illegal handsets like those without poper IMEI numders, there are still many safety concerns that need to be looked at when it comes to Cheap Chinese Phones.
Few months back it was the nokia phone battery (made in China) which was reported to have bursted. That had caused a major problem for Nokia brand.
Although the rules are in place, still the grey market in countries like India is filled with Cheap Chinese Phones which are being sold on the street shops as well as online at much discounted price compared to other branded phones.
People go in for the "cheap and best" offers, ignoring the required guarantee/warantee and most importantly hardly worrying about the safety hazards and problems they may face.