HRA Hike for Andhra Pradesh State Government EmployeesAs reported in DNA, the Chief Minister Mr. Chandrababu Naidu is offering loads of goodies to state government employees who move from Hyderabad to Vijaywada. The key demands which are reported to be accepted are:
1) State Secretarial staff will get an increase of 30 percent hike in the house rent allowance (HRA) component in their salaries
2) Their work-week will be only of 5 days, most probably Monday to Friday, with Saturday and Sunday being mandatory holidays
Other Benefits to Andhra Pradesh State Government EmployeesHRA hike and five day workweek is just the start. There is more to benefits, as follows:
1) The state government will construct 5,000 houses in the state capital of Amravati exclusively for its employees in the new capital city
2) Benefits will also be given to land owners who will give their land for the construction of state capital. However, the exact details of benefits is not clear.
3) The demand of metta landowners for 50 square yards of land as additional allotment, has also been accepted by the state government. This will benefit the farmers.
4) The employee’s demand that they be allowed to commute between Vijaywada and Hyderabad for some time period has also been accepted, as per the reports
Of course it will take time for the capital city to come to shape, and the period of transition will be a rough ride. These perks and benefits will add to employee engagement by the Andhra Pradesh state government. For the time being, its all employee benefits.